Thursday, October 23, 2008

hope


I've been feeling very hopeful lately, like things might be alright, and for the first time in as long as I can remember I feel really really proud to be an American.
I want us to be the really good guys again.  
I don't know if Obama is the answer, but to me he really represents the hope that we can change, that we can be better.  That greed and fear can't keep ruling us.  
I don't care what other people think of us, we need to feel better about ourselves.  After becoming greedy, torturing bullies, mantled under the cape of "democracy", we can finally shed that cape that the elitist republicans have wrapped around us and become trully good (and democratic) again.
Start respecting each other instead of fearing each other.  Stop thinking of the other as "the other" and become one.
It's just a hope.

1 comment:

Lexie said...

Hope & Faith is what makes us all keep going. I think we could all use a little more humility in our lives.

You should be proud to be an American. The classless access to education alone in this country is something to be proud of. (Although U.C. Irvine's entering class of 2009 is all getting free tuition worth over $100,000...dammit should have waited a year!)